Sunday, November 12, 2023

Buster and Anna Marie's Visit! Wednesday and Thursday and Friday....

 We had looked forward to my brother Buster and Anna Marie coming to visit since February!
That's when son Jesse and I flew up for my beautiful grand niece's christening.
We all agreed that the visit would be more comfortable for them in the spring BEFORE the Texas heat of summer arrived or in the fall AFTER the triple digit temps had moderated.

Finally! It was the perfect weather and plans were made and they arrived Wednesday night.


The house was clean, the food was cooking and Life was GOOD!
Louis Dean and I enjoyed sitting out on the driveway and having some down time.


We nibbled on the cheese, meat and cracker board I put together.


Our dinner was a success!
Garlic toast, Pasta Fagioli, pepper poppers and salad.


Dessert was a recipe from my mother - peach cobbler - with some added berries to it!
We sat around the table and visited!


Anna Marie and Louis Dean spent some time together in his music room!
Lots of fun and laughing along with the singing and playing!


We closed the Wednesday night down early on Thursday morning!

They had quite a drive to get back to their hotel - it was a good hour away!
He booked it because it said it was 6 miles from Irving!
NOT!


They drove back over the next day and I made that Cheesy Oven Omelet again.
Pam (Reaoma's daughter) ate with us and was able to meet Anna Marie.
She met Buster on his visit here in March 2022.

We meant to spend the day in Fort Worth but it rained and turned chilly so we switched plans out and met Jesse and his girlfriend along with the Cumby's and our friend Jimmy and, Mike -I call him Nita's Mike since there's Amber's Mike in the family, too!


Believe it or not - We were EARLY!!
Anna Marie and I are notoriously late but not that night!!


The restaurant is Macarena and is authentic Mexican food - and my brother LOVED it!!

**Source**



They had a bag filled with lots of fun gifts for Mike!
And he gave her a beautiful colored glass parrot perched on top of a piece of gorgeous amethyst.

I didn't take many pics as we were all laughing and joking and talking and having fun like a PARTY! 


The neon sign says 

Tell ne I'm pretty and feed me tacos!


The weather was much better on Friday so they drove over again to pick us up and we went to Fort Worth to Mike's home.


He had just returned from a toy convention in Pennsylvania a few days earlier.
He is a collector of toys, dinosaurs, antiques and rocks/stones as well as Vaseline glass and tarins and so much more!


His collections are museum quality and you simply can't see them all in one day!


We all walked next door to visit Nita's Garden and our favorite Master Gardener.
Buster would have loved to stay and talk for hours as he is a plant man and loves gardening!

But we were meeting up with Jesse and Rachel over in the Stockyards for dinner.

**Source**

This has long been one of our family's favorite restaurant and this is our very favorite lady!


She's worked there for 36 years!
Deanie and Charlie know her well as she knows them so I sent Deanie this pic after we got home.


I was excited for Mike to meet Rachel!
He worked with her mother a long time ago at Haynie's Grocery and knew her and her brother when they were young!


Singing together!
To know Anna Marie is to LOVE Anna Marie!
And we DO!!!


It was another great night!!!


By this time the weather had turned off a little wet and cold so Mike was a good sport in driving us around to see the sights and the lights.....


I'll close tonight's journal entry and will write about our last day of their trip tomorrow!









8 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful visit! Filled with fun, laughter, and yummy food!!

Deanna Rabe said...

How wonderful! That’s a lot of happiness happening!

Rita said...

What a fabulous visit! I love the videos with the music and singing!! What a great time. :)

MadSnapper said...

that quote at the end is certainly true for your family. I think your family is the happiest family I have ever known. fun, food, laughter, and so much LOVE! it all sounds perfect.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I loved seeing all the happy faces you had to show us.Sounds like a wonderful family visit! I too think that quote at the end is perfect for you all.

Brenda said...

Lovely visit.

photowannabe said...

This post just fills me with JOY.

I love how intentional you are about getting together and making everything a Grand Adventure.
Life is good for you and your family is fabulous.
Sue

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh how wonderful! I am so glad you persevered in spite of weather and distance, etc., and just had a wonderful time with your family and friends. God is so good! So very happy for you to have this special time together. I know how much it means to you. Thank you for sharing it with us. Fun fun fun. God bless you all. (((hugs)))