Friday, March 18, 2022

Spring Break at the Camper With the Bells - In Their Own Words!

We have had the best time with all the Bells here for Spring Break!
They arrived on Monday evening on the tail end of a violent storm.
I had dinner ready and waiting and our visit was off to a great start - storm and all!
A few hours later, the weather had cleared and Mike unloaded his U-haul mini trailer (which he purchased a year or two ago knowing they would be using it to haul things on trips for several years to come) before he set up the two tents for the six of them to sleep in!

I will do a recap of all the adventures and happy times we shared later in a separate journal entry but now I will let the kids share their stories of Spring Break 2022 with you in their own words and photos.....

Logan

 Hello! This was our first morning here! I was up early and  we (Logan, Memaw/Linda, and Kailey) got to feed this wild peacock some grapes! It was so funny! He would peck and peck at the grapes until he finally got it in his mouth. Then we went in side and got our coffee ready. After a while Trystan woke up and we played BLURT (a guessing game) until Harrison woke up and then we just hung out together.


This is the mama cat!  Well, at least one of them. She is so sweet and she gets hungry so we put out food for her to eat. I get to pick her up and wow is she a soft kitty! After that I decided to get my coffee inside.


These two dogs are just the sweetest things!  They love to play with each other, and play with you!  They sit down when you start to pet them and then just plop right down on top of you. They may be super sweet and lovable but they are also AMAZING guard dogs!  I could pet them forever!


We got to see the cutest baby goat ever!  She would skip around going 'baaaaaa' to her mama!  But at some point she would come over to our hand and we would get enough time to pet her. After that we headed to the horses.


We went down to the horses and gave them sugar cubes, apples, and carrots.  The one in the picture is Zach and he is such a sweet horse!  They are very soft and I like to pet them. Then we headed back down to the camper and did some bow and arrow.


 Our next activity was fishing and I caught two fish that were both special!  The first one was the first one we caught and the second was a huge sun fish which is the one on the screen. My Dad told me to give it a kiss but there was no way I would do that!


Samantha was very energetic!  She would even follow you every where even to the bathroom, she would not leave you alone!  And once she calmed down she stared out the window watching every thing. During the night when I had to get out of our tent to go to the bathroom, there she was just patiently sitting there at the door watching for me! 




This was Wednesday morning!  Me ( Logan ) and Trystan had our coffee with milk, whipped cream and cinnamon sugar on top, and the others had hot coca, with our tea cakes!


This is me on Wednesday afternoon at magnolia  I ate half a burger, chips, and Dr Pepper for lunch. And we went to a BUNCH of shops and looked at things.  When we got home we went fishing again but I did not get any thing. 

Trystan


Hi!  It was morning and me and my siblings, (Kailey, Logan, and Harrison,) were all up because sleeping in our tent isn't the easiest thing to do. We played this game called Blurt where you and whoever is playing will be asked a question by someone who has pulled out a card and your goal is to answer the question the fastest and correctly.


We got to meet an adorable little goat who is so cute and funny to watch!  She pranced around and jumped around all over the place! Her mamma was pretty protective after a few minutes, but I wouldn't blame her!  It was a bunch of strangers crowding around her daughter after all!


I got to feed the mamma goat a few apples. I could tell she really enjoyed them because she ate almost half our supply!


There are two guard dogs that are so funny and attention seeking! There is a girl and a boy, Remmy and Ruger. They will lay down and let you pet them anytime! After all, they especially guard at night. That's why during the day they seem so tired.


All four of us got to go fishing. I caught two fish and I got to put three fish in the water by picking them up by the lip! It sounds gross, but it really isn't that bad. My daddy put a fancy fish bait that was fake to see if I would be able to catch any more fish, but at one point I threw it too far and it got stuck on some power lines and we couldn't get my line down. My daddy just had to cut it, and I felt kind of bad because it was his only fancy fake fish bait, but on the bright side, I will always remember my fishing time because you can see the fancy fake fish on the power lines!


The amount of time I had to wait to finally catch a few fish wasn't super short, but I did end up catching the second biggest sunfish we've seen!


The four of us all ended up sleeping in the same small tent, snug as a bug! The only problem with sleeping between Kailey and Logan is that they are messy sleepers and take a little more space than what they really need. I had woken up with Kailey's feet and legs on mine and Logan's head and pillow where mine should be! But I have to say I am not a neat sleeper either!


Tuesday morning, me and my brother Harrison were looking outside through the window that we call a T.V. We call it that because you can entertain yourself by just looking through it!  Our granddad went outside for a walk with his coffee and me and Harrison watched him with some binoculars. You can always see something interesting by looking out that window!


Wednesday morning it was us kids and Memaw hanging out and she was talking to Logan and smiling and talking to all of us. Waking up at the camper is so much fun!


After the morning, all of us except granddad went to Magnolia in Waco. I got a junior burger meal that I split with one of my siblings and I got Dr Pepper and sea salt kettle chips with it. It was delicious!  
 

While we where at magnolia we all went in a bunch of stores and so many of them had some pretty tables that were set fancily or nicely. Me and Meemaw would admire most of them as we passed by.

Kailey

Hi, this is Kailey Bell. I hope you like what I write. I will say that it is my first time so I am not so good (I think), but any  way,  let's get to it! Hope you like the adventure!! 



The doggies are so cute - how do you not pet them. They are so cute when they lay down.
You should see them in the day time- they are big fluffy cute puppies but at night both of them can take out a pack of coyotes or scare them off.  NOT JOKING they did one time!!
  
 

Me going fishing while my dad was going here and there between the four of us helping us when we would get our fishing rods tangled or taking a pic of us when we would catch  a fish. Our dad was everywhere!!


(he he he we had a blast) 


This is me and my dad at Magnolia. Following my mom but boiiii we had so much fun! It was a big adventure. Shops everywhere!! Am I right???


( I bee you)

My mom(Amber) her mom (Linda) and my Aunt (Sherry)
having fun together doing bee chores!!!
I wish I was there!  It sounds like fun and none of them got stung so that's nice!


All of us having fun and playing games! 
'Us' being Kailey, Logan, Trystan, Harrison, Amber, Mike, MeMaw, and Aunt 'Cherry!' 


My dad helping out with dinner - he's so sweet!
Grilling some delicious steaks and roasted corn on the cob.


         Me hanging out just outside.  talking to my dad.....


My mom doing dinner.....


  Logan doing her blog/Linda's life journal  


 my dad finely  starting to chill


 eating a little snack  
before dinner - pepper poppers!


Harrison

We got to go fishing!  I'm sure you've already heard but here was my experience......
We got there at around 5:00 and started fishing. Right off the bat. Logan caught a sunflower fish. It was about the length of a paper towel on its side.  She had caught it with my dads fishing pole that had a lure. Then I used my dad's pole and caught two bass fish about 2 inches short of a foot (10 in or 100 mm). We discovered that none of the fish were going after the worms, they only wanted the lure! 

Ok, we're about to do a little time travel to tomorrow at about 7:00 in the evening.
We were only going to go fishing  for  like 30 minutes.  I started using my dads pole, IMMEDIATLEY on my first try I got a 15 in or 381 mm bass fish. I decided I was in a good mood and wanted end on a good note so I stopped and headed back to the camper. 

 Now,  lets rewind back to yesterday afternoon. I had pet the dogs and everything was fine and I got to feed the horses some carrots, apples and sugar cubes.  After that I went to feed the goats and see/pet the baby goat. That night we had ribeye steak and it was SO GOOD! Then we went to sleep in our tent.

 Fast forward to tomorrow night  we had barbecue sandwiches, pickles and potato salad. We also got to go to Waco to go to Magnolia. And I got a bullseye with a bow and arrow! We had a great time.
I hope you enjoyed my (Essay) on what we did, now here are the pictures.

















And that's a wrap from the quads' point of view of their Spring Break visit to the camper! I loved every single minute of their being here and we are already making plans for the next visit. 
Their last spring break visit was 5 years ago.

You can see that visit here........

I will be catching up tomorrow and the next few days on my journal entries over the past week,  but I wanted to post this one first. I love that I print up my blog posts and am now in the second  quarter of 2018 in that process. I am leaving my story behind for my family to read and remember in years to come long after I am gone.....



16 comments:

Bev said...

What memories they are having! They are blessed to have you!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my ...such adventurous kids!!! And spending the week with you two, and family, bonding, is so healthy. Being outdoors, living a busy, but relaxing week is good for all. Loved reading about their fishing & critter time!!

Good food, family, fun ...just can't be better!!

Kathy said...

This is so great! You can tell their different personalities just by reading it. Sounds as if you are all having a wonderful time.

MimiG said...

How wonderful to read about their visit from their perspective. Loved it. I think you have 4 creative grands there!
Amber and Mike are such great parents to do all the work so the kids (and you) can have this time together.
Rest up now MeMaw!! LOL

MadSnapper said...

all four of your grand kids are super talented tale tellers and writers, just like there memaw Linda... I enjoyed the adventures and photos and you know which I loved best. the tales of the animals. wish I were there to pet the dogs and goats and anything living except fish. I don't do fishing. super post today

Arlene G said...

Loved getting the kids perspective of a week at the ranch!! They are very good writers!!

Changes in the wind said...

What a treat to hear from the kids and aren't you all having fun.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How nice of each of the kids to share their stories. Sound like a wonderful time being had by all ! Enjoy this special time with them!

Vee said...

Lots of adventures! Oh and that Magnolia trip is making me seriously green. Such good writers all! Wonder where they got that from? 😉

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Quads take after their grandmother, what GOOD writers!! They are so genuine, too. They write just like they are talking to you. I am so impressed! I am thinking it won't be long till they each have their own Life Journal blogs!

Unknown said...

Thank you Meemaw for this and I read the end and will make sure to read this when you are gone.. but I hope that dose not happen in a while. I loved everybody's nice comments! You have amazing friends, an amazing blog, and I can't wait for our next visit!

Unknown said...

- Logan

jujupage1 said...

What a beautiful blog post. Your grandchildren are so eloquent in their words. I really enjoyed hearing about their experience of staying at your camper, from each of their perspectives.

Carole said...

Fabulous work by all! Cheers

Judy said...

Sounds like a fabulous spring break adventure! So special that they each shared their experience...and shared it so well! What a wonderful family time.

photowannabe said...

Those Quads are delightful and definitely the best writers.
I love how their personalities shine through their words.
Such a memory building time for all of you.
Love all the photos too.
Thanks for sharing the entire adventure with us.
Sue
https://allredmop.blogspot.com