Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Mother's Heart


My 'Mother's Heart' has been filled to overflowing this weekend!

Friday night Louis Dean and I were all prepared and waiting for Summer and Ben's arrival.


I was outside watching for them as soon as they called for the code to get in the RV park!
They could hear me calling, "Over here!!!" and waving frantically!


I had a supper of potato soup, sliced ham, and garlic toast ready with the heater on and candles lit making the camper all warm and cozy!
Ben said it looked just like HOME!


He was comfy in the girl lower bunk.......


and Summer was fine with the sofa bed!


We were all snug as a bug in a rug!


It DID get cold but we had that little heater you see down there on the left.
AND we had lots of warm covers!
I loved how both Saturday and Sunday mornings Ben would go from the bunk and climb into bed with his sister til the camper warmed up! Mothers LOVE seeing their kids enjoy being together!!


We headed over to Quadville for Ben to meet the babies for the very first time!
He proved to be a natural and was soon holding them two at a time!


Spoon feeding? No problem! He handled that too!


Home made baby food?


I can do that!
And so he DID!
We all pitched in and helped pare, core, peel, cut, chop, steam, and puree various fruits.
Many hands made light work!


We enjoyed the fried potatoes made in Ben's honor!


The dinner menu featured comfort food.
Meat loaf, company mashed potatoes, cream cheese corn (Ben's favorite!), green bean casserole (Amber made this for Summer!) and Louis Dean's dinner rolls (frozen since his last baking spree but still delicious!) and cheesecake for dessert!

It was a wonderful day!


Summer, Ben and I played NUTS!!!!
I LOVE that game!
Summer was the winner - this time around!


Uncle Ben held a lot of babies!


So did Aunt Summer!


The quads did not lack for attention!
If Granddad is there he usually has a baby - or TWO! - in his arms!


I enjoyed spending the day with three of my CRAZY kids!!


Saturday ended with the reading of my Christmas letters to everyone.

This morning Summer, Ben and I attended church together.
We grabbed a bite of breakfast, hit up the HEB for some steaks for our Sunday dinner and stopped by Amber's to retrieve the things we FORGOT last night!
We always forget something!


Summer and Ben were the FIRST to use the new party kitchen/grill at the RV park!


We had so much fun just being together!!
It did my heart a lot of good to have my kids enjoy being with ME as much as I enjoy being with THEM!


All too soon it was time to say good bye!

While I was NOT ready for them to leave - I am happy that we are going home New Year's Day 
and I will get to see Ben once more!


I close this post with this picture of my dining room taken last April.
I hope to host another meal for Ben here before he flies home to California on Friday.
I'm kind of excited to go back and see where I 'used' to live!
It's funny how 'home' seems to have shifted in my mind to being this 31 foot camper!
Home is where the heart is and I am comforted in the fact that I can entertain family and friends no matter WHERE I live!


























14 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I am so happy you got to get your "crew" all together at one time. I understand just how good that makes a Mom feel. It truly is the best present EVER, isn't it? That Ben seemed to smile the entire time he was with the family. Great photos, and those sweet babies just keep on growing!

Nita said...

What a great way to end the year, and what a BUSY year it has been for you, you wouldn't have it any other way! While your not in your brick home right now what a nice RV park. Just like Ben said, feels like home!

Nonnie said...

"just being together and having my kids enjoy ME as much as I enjoy them" I love it!

Happy New Year back at home.

Changes in the wind said...

So glad for your special time with your kids and grandbabies and of course your hubby.

MadSnapper said...

fantastic family you have, happy new year to all of you.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Such happy family fun!!!

Happy New Year's Eve, to you, my Dear Blogging Friend!

Vee said...

You certainly are proving that home is where the heart is! Loved, loved, loved seeing all these pictures. How cozy you all were in that camper together! How happy you all were. I love the whacky photo of you all tugging on ears and waggling tongues. That one should definitely be framed and hung in a place of honor. Happy Trails as you go home-home tomorrow. Have a blessed week with company from afar.

Anonymous said...

loved your celebration. ummmm meatloaf looked yummy! so sweet. happy new year's my friend & to your loved ones as well. pam in burleson

Kelly said...

What a wonderful sight to see all of you together! I know you were loving every minute of being together like that. I, as a mother, know how wonderful it is to have everyone together under one roof. It makes everything feel "right".

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Wow, Linda, your family is so much fun! Love seeing the happy faces. Looks like everyone got snuggled in fine. The quads are adorable as usual. Here's to a happy, healthy and properous new year.....Linda

Judy said...

I think you guys are all having way too much fun over there :) I know it has been a busy and good year for you. Many blessings on the journey ahead...and Happy New Year!

Susie said...

Linda, I absolutely loved this post. I can see your kids love you. Isn't that the best feeling. And those wonderful babies to share. I pray that all of you have a blessed new year full of good health and happiness. xoxo,Susie

Beau Pace said...

What a wonderful post!! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Carla said...

I just love that picture of you and the kids beiing silly. Fried potatoes yum...that's what my grandmother called catsup taters. Lol
Ben looked good holding those babies lol.