Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Hello, GALVESTON!!!

 We are AT the beach!!!
Left at 9:15 on Sunday morning and had our first stop on the other side of Dallas at a Jack in the Box!
We parked at a McDonald's but it was a people-less place that freaked me out!
So we walked across the parking lot to Jack-in-the-box where we saw real people and had a good breakfast before we moved on down the Interstate before stopping at the Cracker Barrel at the edge of Houston......


The four musketeers!!


Our third and last stop was at a rest area!


And we are HERE!!!
Cindy and Summer...
Cindy is Sherry's older sister and she is precious!


Ileen is enjoyiing herself here!


My first walk alomg the ocean edge.
Ahhhhhhh.....


My Happy Place!


It was a beautiful moment that I will never forget!


Louis Dean and I brought beach chairs down  and watch the sun go down....


He had a good time!


Louis Dean is such a trouper!
He has rested a good bit but has had a great attitude.


Our beach house is wonderful!


A great view and just steps away from the beach!


Dean and Sherry was in charge of the food and we divided  the cost between the eight of us and at $31.00 each - we ate like kings! This meal was pulled pork and potato salad.


Another night was chicken fajitos with all the extras!
Sherry made breakfast casseroles and Cindy made sausage balls so all of our meals have been delicious!


Louis Dean and I have spent some really good quality time on the balcony.....


Morning coffee and evening wine!


Plus specialty cocktails - a different one every evening!


Tuesday was our beach day and it was glorious!!!


My bucket list was a beach day and being on the beach in the rain.


I got my bucket full!

More than I anticipated! The rain was awesome at first and then it gained momentum and was harder and HARDER. Ileen and I were in the beach chairs and Summer was way down on the beach but she couldn't hear us!

We survived and it was an adventure and I don't regret a single minute!


Our beach house is just a short path to the sand.


My handsome stepson, Dean!

We had a home day and then a beach day and today was a town day!

We shopped the Strand and I found some cool Christmas presents for my Kansas Ciry siblings and a really nice perfume for me.


Lunch today was at Benno's and my favorite waitress was there and she filled my beer stein full of wine - as she always does. We were last here in April and it's like we are friends -which we are!



I always order the Shrimp Pasta salad and white wine.


Ileen ordered a child's plate with extra coleslaw!


Summer ordered a dozen fried shrimp and she was happy!!

I close tonight's journal without a pic of our awesome rib dinner - thanks to Dean!!









8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic time you all are having .
    Family together… there is nothing like it.
    (((Hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, that is me from blogland as photowannabe.
      Sue

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a little piece of heaven on earth. I love all the happy smiles. Those speak volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful you were able to get away with family for a few days to your happy place. Laughter does good like medicine! RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best kind of trip. It's so awesome when all the people are eager to enjoy themselves and help the others with them have a good time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to see you so happy! Thank you for sharing this with us all, I almost feel like I've been to the beach too! I love that you all pitched in and ate like kings, that's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Galveston and have been there several times now, The beach is always my favorite place to be! I loved all the pictures of the happy faceless .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I want to go back to Galveston! Last time was 1992 and it was a business meeting/workshop that rented a beach house on the beach. Sadly its no longer there. It was so nice and different for me to watch a ocean sunrise rather than a Pacific sunset. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete