Friday, September 4, 2026

Celebrating September!

 September First was everything I hoped it would be!


Summer called to wish me a Happy September and asked me to open the door and there stood a Door Dash guy with my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season and a spiced pumpkin muffin. I had not yet listened to September Morn so I turned Neil Diamond on and we listened to it together!


I was happy the fruitcake cookies turned out as good as ever!

This year September First was on Tuesday so that made it even more special.


Brenda and I shopped Texas Thrift and I found some new fall debris which I will be using in the gazebo. The candle was coffee scented with real coffee beans in the wax.


New fall accessories.....


And two gorgeous pillows!!


I wear an apron every single day and found two new ones.


Perfect!


A set of oils for $2.79 - 30% 
and most of them were never even opened.


My paints are a mess and I am trying to use these up before opening up the new ones.
I use a pair of red gardening scissors to cut the bottom of the tube off and needle nose pliars to get the last bit of paint out!


I set up my art table on Tuesday evening and based in a canvas.


My friend, Patricia, and I are painting it together long distance through texting and photos.


I was counting down to September First and now I am counting down to our beach trip to Galveston!


My friend, Rosey, sent me a special fall candle.....


and my friend, Virginia, gifted me the most beautiful fall throw that is extra fancy with beading..


We are still having triple digit days so every morning I fix a bowl of ice water and whisk up a raw egg for the kitties.....


Then I go to the guest room and they nearly knock me off my feet to get in there.
It's too hot for them to go outside and they grew up in the guest room so they are happy.

September second was every bit as good as the first.
Amber brought lunch from Jason's Deli ....


and a box chock full of special fall things!
Even the paper filling is pumpkin spice scented!


Our sandwiches were so big we saved half for supper!


I was super excited to see a baby possum later that evening!!!


A good September memory from ten years ago!


They helped me make the pumpkin muffins that year!

The house is all decorated and for the first time I added more than a tough of fall to the bedroom.


I should get some pumpkin spice essential oils for the senser in there.





I lay my clothes out for the day and am dressing up in fall colors.


I'm enjoying the fall decor and am looking forward to cooler weather.


Yesterday was only 98 degrees so I let the cats outside.


Louis Dean and I started working in the gazebo and will have that all dressed up soon.


Leaves are falling but mostly from lack of rain.
Most years we turn from green to brown ones with little color in between.


I'll be leaving this fall wreath up for a long long time.

Ilene and Summer, Louis Dean and I ate at El Fenix.
Summer has been staying in Dallas this month to help her dear friend as her husband had open heart surgery so it was good to hae an evening out together.


This afternoon I had special visitors!


Loose and Kimmy came and we had such a good time sitting in the living room and talking and laughing for nearly two hours!


I sent them home with fresh baked fruitcake cookies and the pumpkin muffins that Kimmy loves.


I claimed most of the time with them but they did go in and talk with Louis Dean for a few minutes while he told them some of his stories!

I had just finished a small canvas of a cottage in an English garden and Loose really loved it - so I gave it to her!

This weekend is a hockey tournament and we will see the Bell girls play tomorrow.
They are all on the same team - Dallas Stars Elite!

Then we will go to one of Harrison's games on Sunday!




I loved reading Hal Borland's books!

Wishing you all a most wonderful fall!


11 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

OH Linda, this was such a happy post, full of the beauty and glory of September and Autumn. You make me want to get busy and do my fall decorating. It's been so hot and we've been rather busy this past week, so I just haven't felt like getting all that stuff out of the shed. Maybe tomorrow our son will be here and get it for us, then I can get to work on it next week. I love all the joy I see in you even though I know it has been a difficult time. Good friends and family and good food and beautiful surroundings really help a lot...as does the Lord. I know you know that and that He is with you throughout it all, giving you strength to keep going. You are amazing!! Your kitties are so beautiful!! My Blackie says hello!!

NanaDiana said...

Wonderful post, Linda. I am really glad hat your cookies turned out after you had to add the extra flour to them. I haven't had cats for a long time but I never gave them eggs. I do that for my pups though because they are good protein and make for shiny coats. Glad Summer has been helping a friend. She's a good soul. I am thrilled that you have company visit and can spend time with friends. Living with a hubby that is not 100% well is not easy and it helps to have friends to keep us going (and sane-lol). Happy Labor Day weekend. xo Diana.

Ann said...

The sights, sounds and smells of autumn are so heavenly. I'm kind of hungry now for a pumpkin spice muffin.

Donna said...

Wow...wish we had some decent thrift shops here! Love looking and seeing all your hauls! lol
hugs
Donna

Anonymous said...

What can I say better than the ladies above me! You have been really busy, and it's lovely.
I used to bake fruitcakes and fruitcake cookies. Most seem to prefer chocolate chip and Mexican Wedding cookies, so I don't make as many Fruitcake cookies. I adore the way you date your recipes. You have such a knack for all things homemaking!
We finally had rain last night. It sounded so good. Hug Samantha and Tabitha for me!

Anonymous said...

That was from me above. Love, Trudy

Jan said...

I always look forward to your September 1st posts! I have a Christmas cookie recipe similar to your fruitcake cookie recipe. It uses red and green candied cherries, dates and pecans. Pumpkin muffins sound delicious! Glad you had such a good visit with friends.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You are a decorator with such style. I think Fall colors are some of the best to add to our homes. You sure stay busy and I am so glad. Friends and family are so important! Hugs to you both, Diane

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Loved all the happy in this post.
Those paints were a real bargain.
The fruitcake cookies sound delicious. Did you ever share that recipe?
May the rest of your September ve filled with happy as well.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm so glad you've been having such a fun time! Real coffee beans in the candle!! I actually remember this photo of the Bell girls making muffins with you, even though it was so long ago! Your large fall wreath is gorgeous, as is Virginia's throw.

Carol said...

Happy September First! I was just telling my granddaughters about your September First get togethers and we like the idea