The brutal triple digit heat continues here in Texas with no end in sight.
What are the temps in your area. I know we are not the only ones dealing with intense heat.
We can still sit outside in the mornings on the kitchen deck (if we get uo early enough!) and on the driveway in the evenings after the sun sets.
Our meals have been simple and we have been eating a good many salads and sandwiches!
Saturday night I served chips and guacamole with cocktails before our dinner and movie.
Summer came earlier on Saturday and spent several hours with Louis Dean listening to him read poetry!
He was giddy with all the attention Summer paid him!
We have so enjoyed having Summer closer to us.
She turned her attention from Louis Dean and helped me with dinner preparations.
Our dinner menu was a Dutch Baby....
a German pancake you bake and fill with either fresh fruit or savory things.
Topped with a dollop of cottage cheese - it made a refreshing and healthy meal.
Our movie last week was a good one!
We started it once a few weeks ago and I thought it was a bit slow.
Ileen watched it later and recommended we watch it through!
Summer came back over on Sunday to help me do some things here at home.
She is so handy and knows how to repair just about anything!
I had a hole in the wall of my sewing room and it has now been repaired!
For dinner we had BBQ pulled pork and it was delicious!
Roasted veggies go great with leftovers and cooked in the air fryer - it doesn't heat the house up!
Monday night we had fun playing Bingo at the Senior Center!
We arrived early to spend 20 minutes or so in the gym before the game started at 6:00.
The people were all so friendly and helped us learn the rules of the game!
We already knew to bring two prizes and a dish for the dinner.
What we do NOT know was you need to bring your own plate, utensils, napkin and drink.
Thankfully someone had an extra plate as did someone else and then someone else had a plastic fork and spoon. I swiped some paper towels from the gym and we had water bottles so we were in business!
The food was good! I took fried chicken from Krogers and cole slaw plus Dill Pickle cashews from Aldi. Two pizzas and mini corn dogs rounded things out!
Man! They know how to run a Bingo game and when it's over it took less than 5 minutes before they were GONE
We took our time leaving but promised them we would be back next week!
Tuesday's GIFTED treasures from Brenda!
I love this verse and it livesin our living room now.
So many good things!!
She said to put anything I didn't want in abag for Goodwill.
I wanted everything except a family photo album!
My Thrifted treasures!
Know what all this is??
Bingo prizes!
I noticed some of the seniors brought divided plates for their food so I bought several.
Every player must bring two prizes and I had a good time finding some while thrifting!
Some of our lamps needed replacing and I found two!
This one came with a tall skinny shade so I did some switching around and it's like I have three new lamps!
I've always wanted of these giant sunflowers I've seen at Hpbby Lobby and now I have one at a fraction of the retail price!
Love this red lug bag and it just needed a good run through the delicate cycle on the washing machine.
Good as new!
I also love this vintage style purse and look forward to matching it up with some pretty lacy dresses.
I'm excited about fall arriving soon!
18 days and it's September First!!
I close tonight's journal entry witih a sweet story.
Early this morning I woke up to get a drink of water and when I went back to bed, Louis Dean's head was on my pillow. I asked him what his head was doing on my side and he said,
"Because that's where you are!"
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
6 comments:
Louis Dean is SO sweet! I hope Summer will be staying a long time! I love bingo. We used to go to Longaberger Basket bingo.
Aww, that is a sweet story . What a nice thing to have him tell you. I’m so glad you have Summer to help out with things
Hi Linda, Sharon B here! I am so glad you LD in your life and he has you! What a blessing you are to each other! I know it’s hard for you but still sweet!! I need to go shopping next time I come and bring an empty suitcase!!!
Hi Linda. Louis Dean is so doggone cute! What a keeper! I'm so glad you both found each other!
A couple weeks before Covid shut everything down, we went to 1 bingo at the senior center. They are packed and I enjoyed it but after all of the shutdowns, we just never went back. I'm sure we'll give it a go, when the spirit moves us.
His head on your pillow is precious. I know you cherish every day you have with him. You are both such a blessing to each other! Love you both, Diane
Linda, I love everything about this post. Your Sweetheart is as handsome as ever and I would love to have him reading poetry to Me.
Great finds thrifting and your meals look delicious. I'm so happy that Summer is close by and can help you and just be there to chat and have fun.
Sue
Post a Comment