Monday, July 20, 2026

Catching up on Our Last Week..... It Was a Good One!

Thursday was my one month check up for my left eye cataract surgery.


All was well and that was a good report.


Alas, I did not realize I had a cataract in my right hour.
How did I not know that?
There's an endless list of things that I don't know!
So now I'm scheduled for next Thursday.
At least both of my eyes will be the same. 
It's been a bit awkward to seeing out of one eye and the other one is blurry.
At least I now know what to expect.


Summer and I celebrated with breakfast at La Madeleine and it was wonderful!!


A mimosa and avocado toast with a side of the BEST bacon!
AND the bread, butter and jam was amazing.


Earlier in the week I treated myself to a one hour pedicure.
Every single day I try to have some 'ME' time.
Even if it's an hour outside in the morning doing my quiet time.
I realize how many opportunities I have to be 'alone.'
And I do treasure my alone time.
It's an absolute must to maintain my life as a full time caretaker.

And I am blessed that Louis Dean is an exceptional man and this demenetia/Alzheimers's disease has not changed his fundamental personality. He is still sweet and loving as well as creative in all manner of things that challenge me!
As in yesterday when the pump fittings arrived.
It was to fit the pump and make a fountain.
Which is what the one he worked on was already doing!
So, instead of putting an new pump on the one that had died....he redid the working one with a Windex can which he had cut the top off and punched holes in it and wired it up to the pump.

He wanted my approval but I insisted he put the original back in place....which he did.
Not all of his ideas work out.


We had been eating food from friends and leftovers for days and they were delicious.
I opted to do simple meals for a few days.
Cooking will resume soon.



This afternoon I had a lovely pick me up drink while watching the last episode of Fool Me Once on Netflix.


I watched I Will Find You last week.

I'm loving the films from Harlan Coben's books.
They totally keep me engaged and prove to be a good 'escape' when I need one.


I picked up my car this afternoon!
SO happy to have it back!

In other news.....


The Bell Family flew into Boston to drop Harrison at a hockey camp and then the rest of them drove on to Connecticut to a lovely home right on the water.


What a  wonderful place for a week in July!


My beautiful Amber!!


The girls had private hockey lessons in the evenings and enjoyed the fishing and paddle boarding, swimming and more during the days.



Mike is such an excellent dad!


He is a great example of a godly man.
His daughters will do well in finding someone of his character when they are looking at husband material. Not that this is something that will happen soon!


The girls learned a lot this week as did Harrison.


Together again!!


Harrison had a full time hockey workout and was truly exhausted by the end of his week.


All in all - this was a summer memory the Bell grands will always remember!


They had dinner at the oldest restaurant in Boston!


From Amber.......

Union Oyster House was celebrating its 200th anniversarywhile the country celebrates 250.
Pretty cool!
This was ChatGPT's version of what it looked like when it opened in 1826.


I close tonight's journal entry with a pic from Galveston Island.
We will be there in late September and I am counting down the days!




3 comments:

  1. Those very blessed quads really live the life, huh! Thanks for all the news about them! They feel like our grands too.! Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the Bells had a great time. How nice to have a house right there on the water.
    Your breakfast with Summer looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are on the mend! Best of luck on the next eye!! So glad the Bells are having a fun summer too! Last summer Chris, LeeAnne and I ate at that restaurant on our birthday trip to sight see in Boston! I walked 7 miles a day in that heat!! Never again๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐ŸคชChris didn’t want to take sightseeing buses๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
    Keep up with your me time!! Very important to take care of yourself ♥️♥️♥️๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

    ReplyDelete