Saturday, August 1, 2026

Two New Eyes....

 Louis Dean and I spent all day Monday taking out our old window AC unit and cleaning the window area all up before installing the new one which was much smaller and more efficient.

Alas, when it was finally done and we turned it on - it didn't work!
My surgery for the right eye was scheduled for Wednesday and I so wanted to get the AC in before that.
I was upset and felt helpless since Louis Dean was at a loss at what to do about the problem.
I didn't sleep much that night and the next morning I called Summer and she couldn't figure out what the problem was so I called Billy. He is an excellent electrician and after checking everything out determined the unit was defective.

So Summer packed up the bad one and she and I went to Home Depot and bought another one - which was the exact same size as the one that didn't work.


Summer installed it herself but before she did - she plugged it in to make sure it worked!!
By the time I went to bed Tuesday night, I had put the bedroom back together and it was nice and cool.

Summer picked me up at 6:00 the next morning and at 7:30 I was in surgery. 


By 10:00 Summer and I were at Starwood Diner having a great breakfast!


The patch on my right eye greatly affected my depth perception.
After I snapped this photo I was about to drink my coffee and spilled the entire cup on me and my brand new Chico's top!


I took a nice long nap and rested the rest of the day.
Brenda and Billy brought dinner in for us that night which was so kind of them.

Thursday morning was my post op appointment with Dr. Betty Tong.


Everything looked good and I knew the routine of drops three times a day and no bending down or lifting heavy things.


I love it when a plan comes together!
Do you remember where that saying came from?




We had breakfast at Chick-fil-A and then did errands - as in returning the defective AC!
I may have overdone it a bit as I slept in the next day and and didn't have much energy.
Then this morning (Saturday) I slept until noon and went back to bed at 1:00 and pretty much rested mot of the day.

I get lab work done later in August and I'm hoping my thyroid medicine has kicked in because I just stay tired all the time.

In other news.....



The Bells have been at Gulf Shores all week and have had the best time.












Mike's brother and his family as well as his parents all vacationed at the smae time and they did some night fishing!
They fished from the beach using a guide that flew a drone out with the bait to deep water.
Look what they caught!!
A twelve foot tiger shark!!!
The guide tagged and documented the catch and then they released it back into the ocean!

Amber has been so afraid of sharks but she actually touched it!!







1 comment:

  1. Wow, that shark is an amazing catch. The sand sculptures are so good! I would never be able to make one so lifelike. Glad you have an air conditioner that finally works!

    ReplyDelete